Why this title Rosa?
Because for preservation of traditional dishes there are people who would cut your throat if you put one foot out of place from the ancient recipes that we know and love and can never go wrong by following.
This is my homemade half sleeve carbonara recipe that as you may have noticed as you are the experts, is not loyal to tradition.
But IT’S VERY GOOOOOOOOD!!!
We really like the carbonara but we limit the amount of times that we have it so as to not get bored and (don’t laugh) but because there are a lot of eggs, cheese and bacon!
For this dish I used
– Pasta of Pastificio dei Campi
– Smoked bacon which I purchased in a small shop located in Monteforte Irpino (La Strada del Gusto) which I’m telling you that you can find many more good products that you can’t get anywhere else.
– Fresh eggs
- Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400grams of pasta
- 300grams of smoked bacon
- 5 eggs
- A generous handful of Parmesan Regiano
- A dusting of black pepper
- Salt (a pinch for the eggs, the rest of the salt in the water for the pasta)
- This is a really quick recipe to prepare. You need to be careful not to overcook the egg.
- Bring the water to the boil, salt added
- Meanwhile cut the bacon
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a pinch of salt (very little), black pepper and a generous pinch of Parmesan Regiano
- Cook the bacon in a pan, when it has produced a lot of fat, use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the pan, and set it aside in a dish.
- Do not wash the pan with the fat.
- Cook the pasta al dente and then drain and pour it into the pan in which you have cooked the bacon.
- Add the bacon and stir over a high heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the beaten eggs
- Stir quickly, if the egg is too runny return the pan to the stove for a minute, stirring constantly otherwise you will get scrambled eggs with pasta and bacon and that’s another recipe altogether!!!!