This particular type of lasagna is typical of the city of Naples and is very different from the classical emiliana.
It is a lasagna rich in ingredients.
Is usually prepared in the period of Carnival, last day of culinary follies before the period of the Lent, when it gets ready us to the Easter, preparing simpler and less elaborate foods.
In order to prepare a true Neapolitan lasagna it isnecessary to have of the small meat balls. For thelargeness regulate yourself with the dimension of alarge hazelnut. Other important thing is uses it of pasta with the waved edges that in Italy it takes the name of Mafaldona.
- Per 8 people:
- 400 grs of pasta type mafaldone
- 800 grs of juice of tomato
- 100 grs of grated parmesan cheese
- 500 mls of bechamel
- 200 grs of smoked mozzarella
- 3 firm eggs
- 150 grs of ricotta cheese
- For the meatballs:
- 200 grs of mixed (pork and beef) ground meat
- 50 grs of bread softened in the water and then squeezed very well
- 2 eggs
- grated Roman pecorino q.b.
- Cook the pasta in abundant salty water for halves the suitable time on the wrapping.
- Prepare a tomato sauce with oil, garlic and basil.
- Prepare the bechamel or to buy her/it ready.
- Cut the mozzarella and also cut the firm eggs.
- Prepare the meatballs mixing the ingredients together and fry it in abundant oil of seeds.
- The meatballs must have the dimensions of a big hazelnut.
- Prepare the lasagna alternating the various layers.
- To the base some tomato sauce, then the pasta, other sauce, bechamel and the various stuffings (eggs, ricotta, smoked mozzarella, meatballs and grated cheese). To repeat so up to completion of the ingredients.
- Cook in oven to 170° Cs. for about 40 minutes.